Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just Add BABY!

I have designed more bedrooms than I can even remember in a myriad of different styles, but the one room I've always shied away from is the nursery. It's always seemed a challenge to me possibly because of my own fear of children...although I know I'd make a wonderful father:) I love the mommies, but babies have always intimidated me. Lately though it seems one of the biggest requests I'm asked is to design "the nursery." I faced my fears and began exploring BABY-LAND! Special thanks to a few of my VIC's (Very Important Clients) for allowing me to take you inside a couple of Couture Baby Rooms I've had the pleasure of decorating!
Billy's room was decorated around the custom orange area rug. Blues, browns and oranges will take Billy through the first decade of his life and easily transition him to the second!
For example, if Billy were to become a young adult tomorrow you could swap out the crib for a bed, change out the baby accessories and possibly paint the walls a shade of gray. A few small changes and Billy's room screams "Next stop, COLLEGE!"
The same rules apply when putting together a baby girls room, be sure to keep functionality and future in mind! In this room I've achieved a modern princess vibe that's sure to grow with the evolving taste of "The Princess" inhabiting this space:)
For our Princess' room I chose a playful color pallet that will grow with her in the years to come by simply changing the soft pink to fuschia.
I've truly conquered my intimidation of children and am now confident to take on any nursery, possibly even my own one day;)

Stop by and visit my design showroom anytime for ideas to get you and baby started off in style! For other great baby resources check out Bel Bambini and Serena and Lily.

Photo Credit: Jeremy Ray Valdez

323.677.2111

No comments:

Post a Comment